Fine lines are an early sign of aging and sun damage. They are characteristically small and shallow. The normal aging process causes skin to become dry, thin, and less elastic. The slowed down production of collagen and elastin cannot keep up with natural collagen and elastin destruction. Sun exposure, pollutants, chronic stress, poor diet, and lifestyle choices such as smoking accelerate skin aging.
Wrinkles are more pronounced in comparison to fine lines. Wrinkles are primarily caused by the contraction of the muscle that underlies the skin and age-associated loss of supporting structures under the skin, which causes it to sag and fold. Dynamic wrinkles happen when we make facial expressions. For example, when we smile “crow’s feet” appear on the sides of our eyes. When the face is relaxed, dynamic wrinkles disappear. As we age, dynamic wrinkles set in and do not disappear even when the face is relaxed. Those types of wrinkles are called static. Frown lines, forehead lines, crow’s feet, smile lines, vertical lip lines, and marionette lines are all types of wrinkles.
At Cataleya Aesthetics, we offer various treatments that are effective at reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Each treatment can be done individually or combined with others for even better results.
- Fine lines respond well to Lumecca IPL and Forma which improve skin texture and tone by boosting collagen and elastin synthesis and reducing any surface lesions such as sun spots and broken capillaries.
- Botox injections prevent certain facial expressions like frowning, therefore, stopping dynamic wrinkles from forming and setting in.
- Filler injections such as Juvederm help replace the lost volume of facial structures by supporting the skin and helping to smooth set in wrinkles.
- The RF Micro-needling with Morpheus 8 device is considered non-surgical skin remodeling. It works on any part of the body and is effective at reducing wrinkles and folds by remodeling the skin from within. Tiny pins create microinjuries in the skin. RF energy is then applied deep into the sub-dermal area. The stimulation of the natural healing process as well as collagen and elastin production smooths and tightens the skin. Morpheus 8 is so powerful it even makes a difference in acne scars and stretch marks.
- Our treatments can be further enhanced with Epionce skin regimen. Epionce products can improve your skin appearance and feel, maintain results of the procedures you undergo, and protect your skin from sun damage.
It is easy to get overwhelmed by the choices. Call Cataleya Aesthetics at 408-629-7097 to schedule a free consultation and we will walk you through all the options. Together, we will develop a personalized treatment protocol that will work best for you.