INTENSE PULSED LIGHT (IPL) Photofacial
What is Intense Pulsed Light?
IPL utilizes photothermolysis technology. Intense pulses of broad spectrum light penetrate deep into multiple layers of the skin. Light energy coverts into heat, which breaks down pigmented brown spots, causes blood vessels to constrict, and stimulates collagen synthesis. IPL is a gentle procedure ideal for treating sun damaged, wrinkled skin, redness, and broken capillaries. IPL treatment results in radiant and rejuvenated skin.
Lumecca IPL by Inmode is one of the most powerful IPL's in the industry. It's high pick power and optimized output are highly effective at treating pigmented and vascular lesions. Results can be achieved in 1-3 sessions compared to 4-6 sessions required by other IPL devices. After just one use, clients notice significant improvement in the complexion and clarity of their skin. Lumecca features sapphire cooling tip which makes the procedure comfortable. Lumecca is commonly used to treat face, neck, décolletage, hands, arms, and legs.
LUMECCA Photofacial BENEFITS
- Reduces sun damage such as sun spots (solar lentigines), age spots (brown spots), and freckles.
- Reduces vascular lesions such as facial spider veins and broken capillaries (telangiectacias.)
- Clears redness and rosacea
- Lightens up port wine stains
- Reduces mild acne and acne scarring
- Shrinks enlarged pores and oil glands
- Brightens skin complexion
- Increases collagen production
- Reduces fine lines and wrinkles
- Reduces unwanted facial hair
- Treats hyper-pigmentation such as melasma*
- No downtime
- Minimal discomfort
* Subject to individual assessment and evaluation
Let us help you reverse years of sun damage and return the youthful glow and radiance to your skin. You don’t have to be overwhelmed by the options. Call Cataleya Aesthetics at(408) 629-7097 to learn about the amazing benefits you can receive from Lumecca IPL.
Am I a candidate for Lumecca photofacial?
Lumecca works best for persons with:
- Lighter skin tones (Fitzpatrick skin type I-IV)
- No tanning within last 3-4 weeks
- Skin pigmentation caused by aging, medication or sun damage
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Shallow acne scarring with large pores
- Facial spider veins and broken capillaries
- Melasma treatment is controversial. Thorough skin and health history assessment is necessary to determine whether Lumecca is the best treatment for your condition.
When Lumecca is contraindicated?
- Persons with darker skin types (Fitzpatrick V-VI)
- Persons currently taking medication Accutane. Please wait at least 6 month after stopping Accutane to receive Lumecca treatment.
- Women who are pregnant or nursing.
What areas can be treated?
Lumecca can be used on all areas of the body. The most common areas of treatment are zones that are regularly exposed to the sun. This often includes the face, neck, décolletage, hands, arms and legs.
How many sessions are required?
An improved skin appearance can be noted after the first session. Multiple sessions provide even better results. Treatment regiment depends on the severity of skin damage, skin type, and the type of treatment (vascular vs sun damage.)
How quickly will I see results?
Sun damage and skin complexion improvements can be seen a few days after the first session. The skin will continue to look younger and more brilliant over time with most visible results after 1-2 weeks. Having multiple photofacial sessions will improve the final result. For vascular treatments such as facial telangiectasias, results can be seen in about 2 weeks.
Does it hurt?
- Discomfort is non-existent or very mild. You will feel a tingling sensation or a tap on the skin, similar to a mild snap of elastic band.
Are there any side effects?
- Side effect are rare, but may include bruising, blistering, scabbing,and temporary change in skin pigmentation.
What should I do before my treatment?
- Avoid any tanning 3-4 weeks prior to treatment or use at least 30 SPF sun block.
- Avoid irritant topical agents for 2-3 days before treatment.
- Avoid anticoagulants for 7-10 days prior to treatment, if medically permitted by your physician.
- Shave the hair in the treatment areas.
What should I expect during my first treatment?
- All your questions and concerns will be addressed.
- We will make sure you are comfortable and your privacy is protected.
- Lumecca settings will be adjusted according to your skin type, lesion type (sun damage or vascular) and your comfort level. We always do test spots before we proceed and ask for your feed back.
- We will provide special goggles for eye protection.
- Cool gel will be applied to the area treated.
- You will experience tingling or light tap on the skin similar to mild elastic rubber band snap.
- Even with eye protection you might sense a flash of bright light, especially if we are working on your face. That is normal. We encourage to keep the eyes closed for more comfort.
- Depending on the size of the treatment area and the type of lesions being treated, procedure may last anywhere from 10-40 min.
- Aloe Vera gel and sunblock are available to apply immediately after the treatment.
- Make-up may be applied immediately as well.
What should I expect after my treatment?
- Redness and a slight warming of the skin are normal after the treatment and usually subside within an hour.
- Over the next 24-48 hours you will observe pigmented lesions getting darker. They might look like coffee grounds. Dark lesions will dry and gently flake off within 10-14 days. Do not rub or scratch treated areas. You may use mild facial scrub one week post treatment.
- After treating vascular lesions you may see them blanch and disappear or change color, which which dissipates after a few days.
What should I do after my treatment?
- Sun block should be used for at least 3 weeks following each treatment session.
- Moisturizer and make up may be applied immediately after each treatment.