LASER HAIR REMOVAL WITH DiolazeXL TECHNOLOGY
What is Laser Hair Removal?
Laser Hair Removal devices utilize concentrated beam of light (laser) to remove unwanted hair. The light is absorbed by the pigment in the hair follicle and damages it's structure. Once the follicle is damaged, new hair growth is inhibited or stopped completely.
DiolazeXL is a new advanced hair removal system available at Cataleya Aesthetics in San Jose. Diolaze uses 810 nm diode laser to target and treat unwanted hair. Diode energy penetrates to the root of the hair follicle to heat and disable it's growth while surrounding tissue remains undamaged. Diolaze has a very large (4 cm) treatment spot size, which makes the procedure fast and convenient. Hair removal is nearly painless due to its integrated cooling technology. With a combination of efficiency, comfort, and speed, Diolaze is one of the top choices for hair removal. If you are ready to address that unwanted hair and get long lasting, if not permanent results, give Cataleya Aesthetics a call today!
DiolazeXL HAIR REMOVAL BENEFITS
- Permanent Hair Reduction
- Zero Downtime
- Minimal Discomfort
- Can be used on almost any part of the body
- Can be safely used on any skin type*
*Subject to individual evaluation
Does it hurt?
DiolazeXL has one of the largest built in skin cooling surfaces compared to other lasers. This makes treatments more comfortable than other devices, with most patients noting that DiolazeXL is virtually painless.
How many sessions will I need?
As with all laser hair removal devices, DiolazeXL requires a series of treatments. Most parts of the body will respond well to 6 treatments spaced 4 to 10 weeks apart. Laser hair removal works best when the hair follicle is in its growing stage. Multiple treatments are required because the hair is in various stages of growth at any given time.
Which areas of the body can be treated?
DiolazeXL can be safely used on most areas of the body that have unwanted hair. Most commonly treated areas include: above the lip, chin, sideburns, neck, underarms, arms, shoulders, back, abdomen, bikini, legs.
How long is each session?
Treatment can take anywhere from 5 min to one hour, depending on the body area or areas. Clients may choose to do more than one area at a time.
Am I a candidate for Diolaze XL hair removal?
DiolazeXL uses selective diode laser, which utilizes chromophore technology that targets melanin in the hair follicle but spares the surrounding skin. This means it can work on persons with even darker Fitzpatrick skin types. Skin assessment and consultation are required to determine whether you are a candidate.
What do I need to do before my treatment?
- Avoid any tanning 3-4 weeks prior to treatment or use at least 30 SPF sun block.
- Avoid irritant topical agents for 2-3 days before treatment.
- Avoid anticoagulants for 7-10 days prior to treatment, if medically permitted by your physician.
- Shave hair 8-12 hours prior to the treatment.
What can I expect during my first treatment?
- All your questions and concerns will be addressed.
- We will make sure you are comfortable and your privacy is protected.
- Diolaze settings will be adjusted according to your skin type, hair type and comfort level. We always do test spots before we proceed and ask for your feed back.
- We will provide special goggles for eye protection.
- Cool gel will be applied to the area treated.
- You will experience light tap on the skin similar to mild elastic rubber band snap.
- Aloe Vera gel and sunblock are available to apply immediately after the treatment.
What do I need to do after my treatment?
- Sun block should be used for 3 weeks following the treatment and 3 weeks preceding the next session.
- Moisturizer may be applied after each treatment.
- Make-up may be applied immediately after facial treatment.