Enlarged pores are mainly caused by our genetics. People with oily skin tend to have enlarged pores due to the overproduction of sebum that impacts the pores and makes them more visible. In addition, the loss of collagen in the skin due to the aging process and sun exposure makes pores even more pronounced.
Enlarged oil glands or sebaceous hyperplasia tend to happen to people with oily skin, fair complexion, and a history of unprotected sun exposure. Usually, oil glands are microscopic and invisible. However, when oil glands over-produce sebum and it becomes trapped inside, the glands grow and appear as shiny bumps on the skin with a depressed center.
So, what can be done to shrink pores and reduce the oil glands? Enlarged pores and oil glands best respond to combination therapy- balancing sebum secretion to reduce pore and gland impaction, boosting collagen to tighten pore openings, and keeping skin nourished, hydrated, and protected from the elements to slow down the aging process and maintaining skin optimal health.
Cataleya Aesthetics team has all the right skills, tools, and products to improve the appearance of enlarged pores and transform your skin.
- Advanced Facials and Chemical Peels performed by our Licensed Estheticians will help your skin look its best by exfoliating dead cells and debris, controlling oil production, deeply nourishing and hydrating, and stimulating fibroblast activity and collagen production. We utilize top-of-the-line, well-established products and technologies such asHydraFacialMD, VI Peel, Celluma LED, 7E Microcurrent, O2toDerm Oxygen Therapy, and others.
- CosmoPen Medical Grade Microneedling and Forma RF treatment improve skin elasticity by increasing collagen and elastin synthesis and tightening pores.
- Lumecca IPL helps regulate oil production and boost collagen synthesis while beautifying the complexion.
- Very large oil glands can be treated by cryotherapy (freezing) or surgical excision.
- Our treatments can be further enhanced with Clinical Grade Skin Care at home. Epionce (USA), Sesderma (Spain), Vivant (USA), and Innoaesthetics (Spain) products can improve your skin appearance and feel, maintain the results of the procedures you undergo, and protect your skin from the elements.
Cataleya Aesthetics offers free consultations where your concerns and goals are heard, your skin is assessed, and recommendations are made by expert professionals. You can request an appointment here or call our office at (408) 629-7097, and we will be happy to help with scheduling.
Morpheus8 RF Microneedling
Strengthens and tightens skin, improves texture, and contours the face.
PRF Plasmatherapy for Skin and Hair
Improves healing, nourishes skin, and stimulates hair growth.
Fractora RF Microneedling
Improves acne scarring and reduces skin crepiness, fine lines, and wrinkles.
Stimulates collagen and elastin production, tightens pores, and improves skin tone and texture.
Lumecca IPL PhotoFacial
Reduces unwanted pigmentation and sun damage, shrinks facial veins and broken capillaries, reduces acne, and evens skin tone.
Reduce dynamic wrinkles, prevent wrinkles from becoming permanent, smooth out skin, and reduce pore size.
Dermal Filler Injections
Plump lips, replenish lost facial volume and can be used for facial balancing.
Forma and Forma Plus RF Skin Tightening
Stimulates collagen and elastin production to smooth and tighten skin.
DiolazeXL Laser Hair Removal
Effectively and permanently reduces unwanted facial and body hair.
Clears, exfoliates, deeply hydrates, and nourishes the skin. Addresses multiple skin issues, from acne to aging.
Go beyond exfoliating and treat problem-prone skin, combat aging, reduce pore size, and stimulate skin regeneration.
Clinical Grade Skin Care
Customized to each client’s needs and can dramatically improve skin hydration, tone, texture, and overall health.
BodyFX and MiniFX RF Body Contouring
Help to reduce unwanted “stubborn” fat and tighten the skin.
Vasculaze Spider Vein Treatment
Effectively reduces the appearance of body spider veins and vascular lesions.
841 Blossom Hill Rd, 215
San Jose, CA 95123