The shape and fullness of our lips are mainly determined by genetics. However, aging and lifestyle factors such as sun exposure and smoking alter lip structure over time. The normal aging process involves loss of collagen, elastin, and diminished natural hyaluronic acid, which results in less volume and definition. In addition, some people have lower face muscle tension that pulls the corners of the lips downward, which changes the shape of the lips and surrounding facial features over time. Finally, smoking and other habits involving frequently pursing the lips create vertical lines that start at the lip and extend beyond, aka unwelcome “smokers’ lines.”
Whether you want a natural and subtle enhancement or a more dramatic full lips, Cataleya Aesthetics team can deliver. We offer a comprehensive approach to defining and plumping lips. Sometimes, treating the lips in isolation will not give the best result. Our specialists always assess the skin, muscles, and shadows surrounding your mouth to ensure the outcome is harmonious and beautiful.
- Dermal Fillers are gel-like injectable substances that can improve the volume and definition of your lips. Your specialist will recommend a dermal filler that best matches your desired result. Sometimes, several sessions are needed to “build” the lips. We highly recommend trusting the process and going through your transformation gradually.
- Botox Cosmetic is an injectable treatment that stops or diminishes the movements of specific muscles. When treating lips, Botox can be used to:
- Relax tight upper lip to improve vertical lines and allow the lip to evert more aka “Lip Flip.”
- Correct gummy smile
- Diminish activity of the muscles that pull the corners of your mouth downwards, which creates “marionette lines” and makes you look sad or upset
- Relax the overactive chin muscle that pulls your chin up, creating chin crease and “orange peel” appearance of skin
If your lips changed over time or you have naturally smaller lips that bother you, please do not hesitate to reach out and schedule a consultation at Cataleya Aesthetics in San Jose. We are here to listen and work together on developing a plan to give you the lips of your dreams. You can request an appointment online or call us at (408) 629-7097.
Morpheus8 RF Microneedling
Strengthens and tightens skin, improves texture, and contours the face.
PRF Plasmatherapy for Skin and Hair
Improves healing, nourishes skin, and stimulates hair growth.
Fractora RF Microneedling
Improves acne scarring and reduces skin crepiness, fine lines, and wrinkles.
Stimulates collagen and elastin production, tightens pores, and improves skin tone and texture.
Lumecca IPL PhotoFacial
Reduces unwanted pigmentation and sun damage, shrinks facial veins and broken capillaries, reduces acne, and evens skin tone.
Reduce dynamic wrinkles, prevent wrinkles from becoming permanent, smooth out skin, and reduce pore size.
Dermal Filler Injections
Plump lips, replenish lost facial volume and can be used for facial balancing.
Forma and Forma Plus RF Skin Tightening
Stimulates collagen and elastin production to smooth and tighten skin.
DiolazeXL Laser Hair Removal
Effectively and permanently reduces unwanted facial and body hair.
Clears, exfoliates, deeply hydrates, and nourishes the skin. Addresses multiple skin issues, from acne to aging.
Go beyond exfoliating and treat problem-prone skin, combat aging, reduce pore size, and stimulate skin regeneration.
Clinical Grade Skin Care
Customized to each client’s needs and can dramatically improve skin hydration, tone, texture, and overall health.
BodyFX and MiniFX RF Body Contouring
Help to reduce unwanted “stubborn” fat and tighten the skin.
Vasculaze Spider Vein Treatment
Effectively reduces the appearance of body spider veins and vascular lesions.
841 Blossom Hill Rd, 215
San Jose, CA 95123